You Sleigh Me - Super Soft Cotton Rope Dog Lead
Jean Blue - Hand Dyed Rope Lead for Dogs
Our rope leads are made by hand, using traditional hand splicing and sailors whipping methods. Our rope is not hand dyed, it is dyed before it is spun which means it is machine washable! Please see the details below for washing instructions. We ensure our rope leads are strong and secure by using 5 braids in our splicing, this creates a self-tightening effect and helps to prevent the splice from coming undone. We also carefully source our hardware, being aware of the difference between a breaking load and a working load when we choose our hardware. The whipping is sewn back through the rope to help prevent any movement or slipping, and we do not use any glue on our whipping. We appreciate that occasionally dogs live to chew rope leads and, while we do not encourage this, we want to make sure that when these little mishaps happen there is nothing toxic on the rope. If you have a dog that is known to chew their leads then rope probably is not the solution for you. Please drop us a message if you need any help with this!
Our training leads are multifunctional, with 3 O rings knotted down the length of the lead and a clip at either end so you can change the length of your lead while out on a walk! Training leads can also be used to clip around you so you can walk hands-free, perfect for training so you can focus on your dog rather than on what your hands are doing with the lead.
- Super Soft Cotton rope
- Large size rope has upcycled rope core
- Hand spliced and whipped
- Clip and slip leads are 5ft as standard
- Figure 8 leads are 6ft as standard
- Training leads can be adjusted between 4ft - 6ft as standard
- If you require custom length please contact us
- Slip leads come with a biothane stopper, if you don't want a stopper please contact us
- Training leads have a clip at both ends and 3 O rings so you can change the length of your lead as needed.
- O ring on the handle for attaching tassels, poo bag holders, treat bags, etc.
- Machine washable
- No higher than 30ºC
- No higher than 1000 spin
- Must be washed in a laundry bag
- Always make sure all metal hardware is well covered to protect your machine
- Wash out the clips and oil them at least once a week
- Be sure to dry completely before putting away as the natural cotton rope can rot if left damp
- Do not machine dry
- Do not ring out, squeeze out excess water if wet then hang to dry
- Be sure to check the product regularly for signs of wear and tear
- We cannot be held responsible if anyone or your pet comes to any harm while using our products
- Check your leads rgularly for signs of wear and tear
Lead Size Guide
Have you got a special event coming up? Maybe a dog show, a wedding or a meet-up? Maybe you have one product already but just can decide what to pair it with. Or maybe you just have a colour combination in your head and don't even know where to start!
Email us your colours, current products, themes etc. whatever it is to give us a little idea and we will take it from there!
We will put together a combination, create a flat lay and take a photo for you. hopefully this will be just the inspiration you need to help you decide what products to buy!
And don't be shy if you want something to match a product from another company, we aren't Luna's Loft snobs! We loooove supporting other small businesses so have no problems matching something to one of their products.
Like the sound of this service?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship Internationally?
Yes, we ship worldwide. However we cannot be held responsible for any delays due to customs and import taxes. We are also not responsible for any customs charges.
How do the bandanas work?
Luna's Loft bandanas fasten with poppers. Simply place the bandana around your dogs neck and press the plastic poppers together.
Are your bandanas machine washable?
Yes they are. We recommend using a maximum of 30ºC and max of 600 spin for wool and 40ºC max of 1000 spin for other fabrics unless stated otherwise on the product listing.
Are your hand dyed rope leads machine washable?
You can machine wash them, in which case we suggest following the instructions below under the super soft rope lead washing instructions. However they will fade faster if machine washed. We suggest hand-washing any hand dyed rope leads as follows.
- Fill a bucket or sink with lukewarm water and a small amount of detergent
- Place the lead in the mixture
- Leave to soak for 5 minutes
- After soaking rub any particularly dirty areas to remove the dirt with a soft cloth
- Rinse thoroughly
- If still dirty repeat steps 1 - 5
- Squeeze out any excess water - do not ring out
- Hang to dry
- Be sure the rope has thoroughly dried all the way through before storing to prevent the natural cotton rope from rotting
Are your super soft rope leads machine washable?
Yes they are!
- Max temperature of 30ºC
- Max spin 600
- Always cover your hardware to protect your machine
- Always place in a laundry bag to protect your whipping
Why choose rope leads?
Our natural 100% cotton rope is a soft material, perfect for comfort in your hands. They are also ideal for dogs with sensitive skin as its a very kind material.
What is your returns & exchanges policy?