Biothane Longline - Waterproof
Biothane Waterproof Longline for Dogs
Our Biothane longlines are great for pups who love to adventure but need to be kept on lead or re-call needs improving! These longlines are easy to clean (mud lovers, we've got your back!), all you need to do is wipe them down with a damp cloth and the Biothane is water-resistant.
Biothane is a great alternative to leather. It's a vegan material and has a stronger breaking load than leather, pound for pound. Not only that but it is excellent for use in water as it doesn't soak it up, nor does it become slimy when wet.
- Dark Brown Biothane webbing
- Brass hardware as standard
- Easy to clean
- We always recommend using a longline with a harness for safety reasons
- Thicknesses available are 12 mm, 16 mm and 20 mm
- Handmade in the Cotswolds
- For custom lengths please contact us.
- Rinse under tap or use a damp cloth to rub away any dirt - no cleaning products required, water only
- Please check your longlines regularly for any signs of wear and tear
- Be sure to clean and oil your trigger snap regularly
- We cannot be held responsible if you or your pet come to any harm while using our products
- Not to be worn unsupervised
Have you got a special event coming up? Maybe a dog show, a wedding or a meet-up? Maybe you have one product already but just can decide what to pair it with. Or maybe you just have a colour combination in your head and don't even know where to start!
Email us your colours, current products, themes etc. whatever it is to give us a little idea and we will take it from there!
We will put together a combination, create a flat lay and take a photo for you. hopefully this will be just the inspiration you need to help you decide what products to buy!
And don't be shy if you want something to match a product from another company, we aren't Luna's Loft snobs! We loooove supporting other small businesses so have no problems matching something to one of their products.
Like the sound of this service?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship Internationally?
Yes, we ship worldwide. However we cannot be held responsible for any delays due to customs and import taxes. We are also not responsible for any customs charges.
How do the bandanas work?
Luna's Loft bandanas fasten with poppers. Simply place the bandana around your dogs neck and press the plastic poppers together.
Are your bandanas machine washable?
Yes they are. We recommend using a maximum of 30ºC and max of 600 spin for wool and 40ºC max of 1000 spin for other fabrics unless stated otherwise on the product listing.
Are your hand dyed rope leads machine washable?
You can machine wash them, in which case we suggest following the instructions below under the super soft rope lead washing instructions. However they will fade faster if machine washed. We suggest hand-washing any hand dyed rope leads as follows.
- Fill a bucket or sink with lukewarm water and a small amount of detergent
- Place the lead in the mixture
- Leave to soak for 5 minutes
- After soaking rub any particularly dirty areas to remove the dirt with a soft cloth
- Rinse thoroughly
- If still dirty repeat steps 1 - 5
- Squeeze out any excess water - do not ring out
- Hang to dry
- Be sure the rope has thoroughly dried all the way through before storing to prevent the natural cotton rope from rotting
Are your super soft rope leads machine washable?
Yes they are!
- Max temperature of 30ºC
- Max spin 600
- Always cover your hardware to protect your machine
- Always place in a laundry bag to protect your whipping
Why choose rope leads?
Our natural 100% cotton rope is a soft material, perfect for comfort in your hands. They are also ideal for dogs with sensitive skin as its a very kind material.
What is your returns & exchanges policy?
We use these almost all the time, the biothane lunas loft used is absolutely the best quality, they are so easy to clean, they don’t absorb water so it stays lightweight the sizes is designed appropriately for the size of the dog - whiskey is 48kg we use the 25mm.
We can’t recommend these more. It’s great to teach the dogs to stay close, recall, just to let other owners know we’re training, or just a piece of mind really!
This has changed the way we train, previously I was questioning my dogs recall away from other dogs, but now we can train anywhere with the longline.
The biothane is wipe clean so no trailing soggy fabric longline, no need put it in the washing machine just wipe with a damp cloth!