Custom Super Soft Figure 8 Lead 12mm
Custom Super Soft 12mm Figure of 8 Lead for Dogs
Super soft cotton rope dog leads. This is the softest rope I have ever used, it's literally incredible. For those deterred by rope leads because of the coarse feel, I'm sure this will change your mind.
All our leads are made by hand, using traditional hand splicing and sailors whipping methods. Our rope is not hand dyed, it is dyed before it is spun which means it is machine washable! Please see the details below for washing instructions.
Our figure 8 leads are great to be used as a gentle leader or headcollar alternative, with an O ring under the chin to keep the figure 8 in place and a stopper to help prevent them from slipping out of it. You can opt for a handled end which is 6 feet total length, or a clip at the end so you can clip the opposite end to their collar, harness or move the ring to place around your waist, or create a handle to give them a longer lead. The O ring is held in place by 2 stoppers either side so you can move the placement.
- Super Soft cotton rope
- Comes with white whipping as standard
- Hand spliced and whipped
- Comes with nickel hardware as standard
- Upcycled rope core
- Gentle leader
- 6 feet long figure 8 lead with handle
- 8 feet long figure 8 lea with clip at the end and O ring held in place by biothane stoppers
- O ring under the chin to hold the figure 8 in place
- Biothane stopper in colour to match the rope
- O ring on the handle for attaching tassels, poo bag holders, treat bags, etc.
- Available as a slip lead, clip lead or a training lead
- Machine washable
- No higher than 30ºC
- No higher than 800 spin
- Must be washed in a laundry bag
- Always make sure all metal hardware is well covered to protect your machine
- Be sure to dry completely before putting away as the natural cotton rope can rot if left damp
- Do not machine dry
- Do not ring out, squeeze out excess water if wet then hang to dry
- Be sure to check the product regularly for signs of wear and tear
- We cannot be held responsible if anyone or your pet comes to any harm while using our products
Lead Size Guide
Have you got a special event coming up? Maybe a dog show, a wedding or a meet-up? Maybe you have one product already but just can decide what to pair it with. Or maybe you just have a colour combination in your head and don't even know where to start!
Email us your colours, current products, themes etc. whatever it is to give us a little idea and we will take it from there!
We will put together a combination, create a flat lay and take a photo for you. hopefully this will be just the inspiration you need to help you decide what products to buy!
And don't be shy if you want something to match a product from another company, we aren't Luna's Loft snobs! We loooove supporting other small businesses so have no problems matching something to one of their products.
Like the sound of this service?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you ship Internationally?
Yes, we ship worldwide. However we cannot be held responsible for any delays due to customs and import taxes. We are also not responsible for any customs charges.
How do the bandanas work?
Luna's Loft bandanas fasten with poppers. Simply place the bandana around your dogs neck and press the plastic poppers together.
Are your bandanas machine washable?
Yes they are. We recommend using a maximum of 30ºC and max of 600 spin for wool and 40ºC max of 1000 spin for other fabrics unless stated otherwise on the product listing.
Are your hand dyed rope leads machine washable?
You can machine wash them, in which case we suggest following the instructions below under the super soft rope lead washing instructions. However they will fade faster if machine washed. We suggest hand-washing any hand dyed rope leads as follows.
- Fill a bucket or sink with lukewarm water and a small amount of detergent
- Place the lead in the mixture
- Leave to soak for 5 minutes
- After soaking rub any particularly dirty areas to remove the dirt with a soft cloth
- Rinse thoroughly
- If still dirty repeat steps 1 - 5
- Squeeze out any excess water - do not ring out
- Hang to dry
- Be sure the rope has thoroughly dried all the way through before storing to prevent the natural cotton rope from rotting
Are your super soft rope leads machine washable?
Yes they are!
- Max temperature of 30ºC
- Max spin 600
- Always cover your hardware to protect your machine
- Always place in a laundry bag to protect your whipping
Why choose rope leads?
Our natural 100% cotton rope is a soft material, perfect for comfort in your hands. They are also ideal for dogs with sensitive skin as its a very kind material.
What is your returns & exchanges policy?
We love the ease of the figure of 8 as when they are calm and walking well we can use as a slip lead, unlike normal head collars where you have to take off completely and re-clip to harness or collar.
And the Lunas loft rope means there are endless colours to choose from!